Social Media Consultant / Advisor – Editorial (entertainment/ culture experience preferred)
With all the new streaming services competing with Netflix and the decision paralysis created by all of that endless scrolling, The Watercooler is helping viewers figure out what’s most relevant to them right now, why it’s worth their time, where they can find it, and where they can connect with fellow viewers.
As a start-up entertainment media company with top-notch team on the brink of funding, we’re seeking a strategic and tactical social media consultant (limited hours to begin with) and potential to scale to full-time role with salary + equity. The role requires a skilled writer/editor with an editorial background and a track record of hands-on social audience building with a focus on engagement (in particular: Twitter, IG, Facebook. Reddit experience a bonus). Passion for and some background in film and TV and experience building organic social media followings, driving engagement, and building communities are all a plus.
Initial role: Limited to a few hours per week of social executions across channels based on our content and products–with an eye towards identifying the most relevant and influential people in our space and cultivating and engaging with them.
Longer term: Post funding, role has the potential to scale to social media lead–spearheading content strategy and execution across multiple channels to meet or exceed KPI targets including engagement, follower growth, impressions, reach. There is also the potential to become a bylined contributor to the site.
- Write, edit, schedule, and produce social content (4-6 days a week) – helping to create or manage visual assets.
- Adapt social strategies and content across Twitter, Facebook, Instagram (feed, Stories, IGTV) – and, eventually, YouTube, TikTok, and other platforms.
- Translate social analytics and sentiment into actionable insights and adapt and optimize future strategy, content development, and platform use; manage reporting of results to team.
- Partner with Audience Growth Lead on paid amplification strategies, identifying new ideas, opportunities, copy, and visuals to drive growth and media value – owned and earned.
- Make recommendations to the editorial team based on social listening (weighing in on headlines, etc.)
- Help develop strategies and manage executions of social/digital partnerships, including social swaps and sponsorship opportunities.
- Minimum 3-5 years of organic social media experience
- Proven history of growing organic social audiences.
- Diplomacy skills and experience using their judgment to avoid engaging in social conflicts
- Ability to distill succinct but distinctive/ relevant copy from editorial content, films, and TV series
- Enthusiastic collaborator and communicator who can think on the their feet when social opportunities arise
- Samples with metrics required
How to Apply: Please send an e-mail with a brief introduction about yourself, an attached resume, and links to your most recent work, including social media posts and/or accounts you’ve managed to: info.watercoolerHQ@gmail.com.
Watercooler HQ is an equal opportunity workplace.
Duties and responsibilities may be adjusted based on years of experience.
Pay (hourly and eventual salary) also commensurate with experience